Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken




I love using the slow cooker on busy days like the one I had today and when I found this recipe I was even more excited since I actually had all of the ingredients on hand.What I loved about this dish is that the chicken stayed really moist. I know that can sometimes be hard when you cook chicken breasts in the slow cooker. I will definitely be making this one again!

Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken
Source-Six Sisters Stuff

Ingredients
4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic (I love garlic and used 4 cloves)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons water
Rice or noodles, cooked
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
Serve chicken over rice or noodles and top with glaze. Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.




21 comments:

  1. this sounds like a new 'regular'. i love slow cooker meals and this sounds delicious. can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my slow cooker to and I always need to recipe! This looks wonderful. I'm pinning this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds good! can't wait to try it! i need to get a smaller slow cooker for us tho.. we are only two! i usually have to just freeze what is left over for later. thanks for posting the receipe! sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just froze this meal as my very first frozen ready to crock meal. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good crock pot recipe. This one looks really tasty. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! You are making me hungry! This looks delicious!
    Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I'm always looking for new crock pot recipes. I'm a new follower from the Mom's Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just put it together for dinner tonight. I love easy meals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did this last night and my chicken came out slightly burnt..i honestly don't think it needs more than 3 hours in the crockpot on low...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear that. I think the cooking time all depends on the brand of slow cooker. Each one distributes heat a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This person is stealing your posts and images. http://bestestrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/09/slow-cooker-garlic-and-brown-sugar.html

    This is content theft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bridget, my name is Maria, I always use my real name and never hide behind the word "anonymous". This is an amazing recipe. I love all your recipes so much that I tried and added this one to my blog, but giving the link to here, as the original source, as I always do with everything I publish. Thank you very much for your time and kind consideration and for the excellent recipes you bring to us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ummm... isn't this recipe from Six sisters website anyway
    ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. Look below the title of my recipe. I adapted it from their website.

      Delete
  14. Do the chicken breasts need to be thawed first?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nope, you can use frozen. You will probably need to adjust the cooking time though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made this today with defrosted chicken breasts. I used Apple cider vinegar and used about three tablespoons of garlic powder (I didn't have real garlic). I also cooked it on high for two and a half hours. It came out tasting like Panda Express' sweet and sour chicken. Soooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Planning on making this tomorrow - sounds yummy! But I don't have the lemon-lime soda?? Is it necessary I wonder? (I'll let you know, I guess!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD