Friday, August 24, 2012

Sugar Cookie Bars



I love sugar cookies but was looking for an easier way to make them. These sugar cookie bars were the perfect recipe. They were pretty simple to make and didn't take much time to prepare at all. Most importantly, they were delicious!

Sugar Cookie Bars
Adapted From-The Curvy Carrot

Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Line a rimmed 10 x 15-inch (or 9×9-inch brownie pan) with parchment paper; set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Add the vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda, mixing well.
Reduce the mixer speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, evenly spread the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet (or brownie pan).

Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. (They should be light golden brown). Let cool completely.

My Simple Frosting Recipe

Ingredients
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Combine ingredients and beat on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spread frosting over bars and decorate.

15 comments:

  1. These cookie bars look tasty! My daughter would love them! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Briget

    Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    I was very interested in the Lasagne cooked in the slow cooker (I love my slow cooker). I wouldn't have thought to even try cooking lasagne that way and now I'm keen to try it out, thanks for the recipe.

    I'm now following you and hope when you have some free time you can drop by my blog for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These will be perfect for my bible group.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The looks so yummy! I'm going to pin it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds really good!
    Yummy; sugar cookies.... But no need to cut into shapes....!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy and cute. Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This treat sounds heavenly! Who can resist sugar cookies? YUMMY! Please stop by StoneGable and join ON THE MENU MONDAY, going on now, with your sweet treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been featured, yet again! http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/08/sweet-saturday-18-with-sweet-features.html. Keep up the good work and have a great weekend!

    P.S. I made that Buffalo-style Mac n cheese yesterday, it was awesome! I will be blogging about it in the near future. I changed and added some things just a teensy bit, too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays. I will be featuring them on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are very good however I had to double the icing to cover them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very good however I had to double the icing to cover them.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD