Monday, September 3, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes



The inspiration behind this dish came from my Cheeseburger Wontons that I made a few months back. They were so good I figured why not use the filling to make cheeseburger Sloppy Joes and add some bacon to the meat mixture. They were really really good! So good in fact that after having these Sloppy Joes I don't think I will make them any other way!

Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes

Ingredients
1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
1/4 cup beef stock
1 onion soup packet
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp mustard ( I used Dijon)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked crumbled bacon ( bacon bits will work too)

Brown and drain ground beef. Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Serve on bakery rolls or hamburger buns. Sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese if desired. Enjoy!

This recipe can also be found at these linky parties
Link

8 comments:

  1. These look SO good. My hubby loves Sloppy Joes. I am not a huge fan. I think this variation I could try. Sounds good to me and I know he would love it.
    : ) Had to Pin it!!

    Enjoy your night!

    Julie from Stlavonlady – Scatterbrained In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that I made these last night and OH MY FREAKIN WORD was it ever good!!! You can read as I blog all about it later and link to you! THANK YOU for a new take on sloppy joes! Don't think I'll ever fix them plain again!
    Some months back I did a phillycheese sloppy joes, and they were awesome, but these ...
    My dh took one bite, looked at me and sat there. I said "WHAT" he said "good gosh woman you almost made me cuss" ROTFL
    Two thumbs up and 5 gold stars here!
    Dawn from http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm personally not a huge fan of sloppy joes but I know my family would love this! And I wonder if I would like them more with the added bonus of bacon!! Bacon makes everything better right!! :) Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love sloppy joes. Can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband would LOVE this. I will definitely try it. I'm going to look up that wonton recipe, too. :-)

    New follower here! Stop by and follow us back!

    http://acorsointhekitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious. Are you going to enter it in the American Family Bacon recipe challenge?

    April @ 100lbcountdown.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow sounds good! Thanks for linking up at Take it on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD