Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potato Soup




I love a good hearty soup. Especially in the fall and winter. Although, I probably should have paid more attention to the weather before deciding to make this soup. Today was in the 70's!  That's crazy Chicago weather for ya. Well, regardless of the weather, I still enjoyed this soup! I baked my potatoes ahead of time before putting them in the slow cooker. I love the flavor that it adds to the soup. I know I'll be making this a lot come winter!

Slow Cooker Twice Baked Potato Soup
1 Cup Soup including 2 tbsp crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup cheese and 1tbsp green onion=5ww pp
286 Cal, 7g Carb, 1g Fiber, 13g fat, 15g protein

Ingredients
3 large russet potatoes
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
2 cups milk (I used skim)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 oz reduced fat cream cheese
Crumbled Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, and Green Onions for topping
Sour Cream (optional)
NOTE: If you choose to use skim milk but want a thicker soup you can add 1 tsp of corn starch to the soup

Preheat oven to 425
Bake potatoes for one hour or until tender. Once potatoes have cooled, scoop out the inside and place into the bottom of a slow cooker. Roughly mash potatoes using a potato masher. Add diced onions, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 4 hours. Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Pour in milk and cook an additional hour. Ladle into bowls and add your bacon, cheese, and green onion. Enjoy!

This recipe can also be seen at this link party

6 comments:

  1. Looks good! I love potato soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful heartwarming dish! Perfect for the rainy cold weather I have here in the Seattle area.
    I would love to have you link them (or any other recipe of yours) up to Wednesday Extravaganza – my Foodie Link Party :)
    Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/wednesday-extravaganza.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridgett, it is a cold fall day here today and this soup would be perfect, it looks delicious! Hope you had a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is going on my menu this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making this now will let u know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, this is exactly what I want on a cold night like tonight!
    Thanks for linking up to the oldies party this week--the new party will be live on Monday night.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...