Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Chicken Enchiladas




Jalapeno Poppers are one of my favorite appetizers. I love the cheesy/spicy combination. I've been seeing a lot of Jalapeno dip recipes and it got me thinking.... why not try a Jalapeno Popper Chicken Enchilada dish? I'm always looking for new recipe ideas and I figured this would be a great one. Let me tell you, this dish was fantastic! Not the most diet friendly recipe, but I did try to lighten it up by using reduced fat cheeses. The end result was fantastic!

Jalapeno Popper Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients
2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1 1/4 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese, divided
6 slices crisply cooked bacon, chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 jalapeno pepper seeded finely chopped
1/3 cup salsa verde
8 small flour tortillas ( I used taco size)

Preheat oven to 375

Lightly spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and spread two tablespoons of salsa on bottom of dish

In a mixing bowl add chicken, spices, cream cheese, 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese, bacon, and jalapeno. Stir well to combine. Divide filling evenly between tortillas and roll up. Place seam side down in casserole dish and top with remaining cheddar cheese and enchilada sauce.

Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Pinning this one! Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flavor combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinned and tweeted and shared on fb - I'd love for you to come link up with Kids in the Kitchen on Adventurez in ChildRearing .com :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are huge jalapeno popper fans in this house. I have tons of different jalapeno popper recipes on my blog, but I've never seen enchiladas! So excited to tell my husband and try these out :) Pinning to share - and I'll be featuring it on my recipe round up next Sunday.

    Stopping by from Mom's Test Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really interested in what you wrote here. This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are give me a lot of knowledge.
    religious food
    spiritual food

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD