Thursday, November 8, 2012

Slow Cooker Sesame Orange Chicken




A few months ago I had thought about making slow cooker orange chicken. I decided against it after reading many mixed reviews about the chicken being too sweet. I didn't want to make anything over powering so I decided against making it. Fast forward to this week. I was going to make one of our favorites, sesame chicken and since I've been in a bit of a dinner rut lately I wanted to mix it up a little and that is when I decided on Sesame Orange Chicken. The sesame oil and soy sauce really went well with the orange juice and it made the perfect flavor combination. The end result was fabulous!

Slow Cooker Sesame Orange Chicken
Serves 4
WW Points Plus=4 (without rice)
Cal 172, Fat 2.5g, Carbs 9.5, Fiber 0, Protein 26g

Ingredients
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp soy sauce
4 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/3 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame seeds

Place chicken in slow cooker. In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except cornstarch and sesame seeds. Whisk until well blended and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and add cornstarch to the sauce. Whisk and place chicken back in slow cooker and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes. Remove chicken cut into chunks and serve over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I love the orange ginger combination of this chicken. thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it good? i have it in my slow cooker and honestly it smells just ok, guess i need to eat some.

      Delete
  2. Oooh...this looks great. I love orange chicken. I'm going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love orange chicken, but what I love even more, is the fact, that this one is a healthy version! Very nice!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Hope to see you there this week again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bridget, thanks so much for linking up this beautiful recipe at Thriving on Thursdays here in Australia. I can't wait to try it and I'm featuring it this week's party. Looking forward to seeing what else you've been up to.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your orange chicken sounds terrific. I am making plans to try it very soon. Thanks for sharing it.


    It’s time for Merry Merry Munchies 2012. I’d love for you to come link up and check out the giveaways. http://diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com/2012/11/2012-merry-merry-munchies-1-sugared-nuts.html
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...