Friday, December 28, 2012

Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches





All I can say is YUM! I am so glad I made these tonight. My original plan was to make french dip sandwiches but after coming across this recipe and realizing I had all the ingredients to make it, I decided to change it up. These were so so good! A fun twist on Philly Cheesesteaks.


Crock Pot Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
Adapted Slightly from A Year of Slow Cooking


Ingredients
1 pound thinly sliced tri-tip
1/2 cup beef broth or stock
1/2 sliced onion, caramelized
1 green bell pepper (I used 2)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Sliced provolone cheese

Dump sliced meat into crock pot along with the sliced peppers and beef broth. Add Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 2-4

Spoon meat onto sliced french rolls or other favorite bread-item.Top with caramelized onions. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is nice and melty. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. I love how this sandwich is made in the crock pot. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby's sandwich of choice is the Philly. Crockpot makes it so much easier! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! They were a big hit with my husband and he also loves Philly Cheesesteak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss that stuff. Now I'm hungry:(

    Hopping by and following your FB and Pinterest.

    I am also inviting you to join my store's first giveaway event http://thequietmom.com/blog/tdhs-1st-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hungry now too! Definitely a great looking recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this looks so yummy and I love anything so much better if I can cook it in a crockpot. Found you via the Harvest of Friends Blog Hop. Liked you on Facebook and following via GFC. Looking forward to more tasty recipes.

    http://southerngrrrlz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD