Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti





Happy New Year! I can't believe another year has come and gone. I hope 2013 is a great one! I'm starting off this new year with a tasty Baked Spaghetti recipe. I've lightened mine up and it was still just as good (If not better) than the original version. Perfect comfort food for this cold winter day.


Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti
Heavily Adapted from Taste of Home
Serves 8
WW PP=7
Cal 257, Fat 7.7g, Carbs 37.6g, Fiber 4g, Protein 12g

Ingredients
12 oz spaghetti (I used Ronzoni)
4 oz cream cheese (I used light)
1 tsp oregano
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 cups Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce (I like Barilla Tomato Basil)
1 cup shredded mozzarella (I used reduced fat italian blend)
1 pound lean ground beef (I used 8oz extra lean ground turkey)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 13x9x2 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray
In a skillet, brown the ground beef until cooked through; drain and stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
Cook spaghetti according to directions on package. Drain and place cooked spaghetti in a pot. Add cream cheese, oregano and garlic powder. Stir until cream cheese is melted and the spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
Spread a small amount of sauce in the bottom of the dish. Add spaghetti and then top with the remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly. Enjoy!


 

4 comments:

  1. I'm a big pasta fan so I'll be sure to bookmark this one for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything Speghetti, can't wait to try this. New follower, would love you to stop by, memoriesbythemile.com
    Wanda Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy!

    Already your follower hopping by, blogging @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delish! I love how you used light cream cheese. I am a big stickler on cutting unnecessary fats.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...