Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cheesy Potato and Sausage Bake





This is another great Pinterest find. I was really excited to test it out since we love smoked sausage and pretty much anything involving cheese. I did lighten it up a bit and let me tell you, it was fantastic!


Cheesy Potato and Sausage Bake
Adapted from Food.Com
Serves 6
WW PP=8
Cal 304, Fat 11g, Carbs 25.5g, Fiber 2g, Protein 21.5

Ingredients
3 cups cooked potatoes (I used simply homestyle potatoes)
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 oz velveeta, cut into cubes (I used 2 percent)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used reduced fat)
1 lb skinless smoked sausage (I used Turkey Smoked Sausage)
1/8 tsp paprika


Put cooked potatoes in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole. Add sausage and give it a toss.

Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat until warm, melted and smooth. (Whisking constantly.).

Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and then sprinkle paprika evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (until golden brown on top) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great comfort food. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD