Saturday, January 5, 2013

Slow Cooker BBQ Root Beer Chicken Sandwiches




That title was a mouthful. This is the perfect sandwich to make when you are in the mood for bbq but it is way too cold outside to actually grill. This sandwich definitely satisfied my bbq craving! At first I was a little worried that the root beer/bbq sauce combo would be too sweet but it surprisingly wasn't. The sandwich was incredible. I served it along side chips and pasta salad for a perfect indoor bbq dinner.

Slow Cooker BBQ Root Beer Chicken Sandwiches
Adapted From-Better Recipes.Com
Serves 4

Ingredients
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2lbs)
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp old bay seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup root beer
1 cup bbq sauce (I used famous dave's sweet and zesty sauce)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 bakery buns or rolls (I used onion kaiser rolls)

In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle seasoning mix generously on each chicken breast and place in crock pot. Pour in Root Beer. Add barbecue sauce. Cover & cook on low heat setting for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.

Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return chicken to crock pot. Mix it thoroughly with the barbecue sauce, and cook for another 15-30 minutes until sauce is more absorbed.
Spoon chicken on rolls and cover with about 1/4 cup of cheese. Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Oh, this sandwich looks SO good. My hubby loves anything and everything bbq. This will be a real winner with him.

    Bridget, I am featuring some great recipes in a Sandwich Recipe post this week. (Hopefully Monday)I just have to feature you...and this recipe. My readers will love it.

    Also, I have a Wednesday Blog Hop every week. Please stop by and share your delicious recipe links. :) New follower here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sinea! :) I'll be sure to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy looking. I will have to fix these soon! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks absolutely delicious!! Just wanted to let you know you're one of my features this week at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!!
    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these tonight. My husband and I loved them! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD