Thursday, February 28, 2013

Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Chicken


I've seen lots of recipes for Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork and Chicken that look so yummy. I decided to create my own diet friendly version of Dr. Pepper Chicken using boneless skinless chicken breasts. It was so easy to prepare and so good!

Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Chicken
Serves 6
WW PP=4
Cal 137, Fat 1.6g, Carbs 12g, Fiber 0g, Protein 25g

Ingredients
24 oz pkg boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 12 oz can Dr. Pepper (I used diet)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 onion soup mix packet (I like Lipton)
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp cornstarch

Toss all your ingredients into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. About 15 minutes before serving, remove chicken from slow cooker and whisk in cornstarch. Let the liquid cook for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Serve chicken and sauce over rice or potatoes. Enjoy!

This recipe can also be found at this party

13 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I've had the Dr. Pepper pulled pork, but never chicken. I'll have to give this a try! Pinning! I'm also your newest GFC follower. I'd love for you to stop by for a visit and maybe even follow me back. Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll be sure to stop by your page and check it out!

      Delete
  2. Oh my that sounds good. I love anything having to do with my slow cooker! This is definitely on my "must try" list.
    -April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love using my slow cooker too! :)

      Delete
  3. This sounds wonderful!! I am stopping by from Our Everyday Harvest! I love to use my slow cooker and look forward to reading all of the recipes that you have on here.

    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    Frances from www.notionsfromnonny.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to try this with Pepsi. Thanks for sharing on foodie friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, this looks fabulous! Found your blog through Saturday Show and Tell and I'm a new follower!!

    Christi
    http://the-not-so-perfect-momblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bridgett,
    Your Dr. Pepper Chicken looks like it will have the greatest flavor. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used cola and Dr. Pepper in my pot roasts, but have never tried it with chicken. I bet my kids would eat this just because of the novelty of it having Dr. Pepper in the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recipe! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Thanks for a FANTASTIC recipe!! Oh my goodness, the wonderful aroma filling our home, made me drool...hee hee hee...So easy, had all the ingredients and ohhhh soooo yummmmmy!! Hubby and I both say 10+++++++...will be making this one often and doubling the recipe!! ;o) Pam H (Nederland, TX)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD