Sunday, March 10, 2013

Crock Pot Tequila Lime Chicken Enchilada Stacks




Well, that title was a mouthful! I've never made enchiladas in the crock pot before but if something can be made in the crock pot then I definitely want to try it! The original recipe was for traditional enchiladas cooked in the crock pot. I however was in the mood for lime chicken so I tweaked the recipe to accommodate my tastes. Let me tell you, these were some of the best enchiladas I have ever had. Mr. Husband agreed. I can't wait to make them again!


Crock Pot Tequila Lime Chicken Enchilada Stacks
Serves 6
WW PP=7
Cal 280, Fat 9.6g, Carbs 24g, Fiber 4g, Protein 28.1

Ingredients
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (about 3 large chicken breasts)
Tequila Lime Chicken Marinade Packet (I used Weber Grill)
Juice of one lime
1 can diced green chilies
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used reduced fat mexican 5 cheese)
1 can enchilada sauce
6 fajita sized flour tortillas (I used Multi-Grain)

In a mixing bowl combine chicken, lime marinade, lime juice, and green chilies. In your crock pot layer about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheese is melted and heated through. Garnish with green onion, sour cream, and any other additional toppings of your choice. Enjoy!

This recipe is also linked to this Party

9 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic and I love anything that can be made in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting and following from MM at This Gal cooks ~ Paula www.callmepmc.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bridget!
    This looks amazing! And it's a crock pot recipe so that makes it even more amazing. Thank you so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays. :) Pinned and shared on Facebook.

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found you on Marvelous Mondays! :) I am now following you on Facebook (Yesterfood and Joy).

    Thanks for a great recipe- I want to try the marinade packets!

    Joy @ Yesterfood
    http://yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joy! Weber makes a bunch of great marinades.

      Delete
  5. Super YUM!!! Thanks again for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,visiting from Hair of The Dog. This looks amazing, and crock pot cooking is my favourite! We don't have all of these ingredients in Australia, but I'll find some substitutes I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good crock pot meal! Thanks for sharing on Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...