Sunday, April 7, 2013

Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage Skillet



Most weekends are busy in our house and now that the weather is finally starting to get nice around here we have been spending a lot of time outside. I wanted something quick and easy to make for dinner so this skillet pasta made the perfect Sunday dinner. Quick and easy and a great way to mix up my everyday pasta. It was a hit!

Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage Skillet
Source-AllRecipes
Serves 4
WW PP=9
Cal 365, Fat 14g, Carbs 38.7, Fiber 2g, Protein 18.2g

Ingredients
1 14oz package smoked sausage, sliced (I used turkey smoked sausage)
2 cups cheese tortellini (I used Barilla three cheese)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups fat free chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional, but we like things spicy!)
non stick cooking spray

Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray and add in the sausage. Cook until sausage is starting to brown. Next add in your garlic and cook for another minute. Add in your chicken broth, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes. Once mixture starts to simmer add your tortellini. Cover and cook over low heat for 14 minutes. Top with shredded Parmesan. Enjoy!

This recipe can also be found at this party

13 comments:

  1. I love the combo of these two. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I love quick and easy one dish meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and simple dinner! Thank you for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tortellini! Your recipe sounds delicious. I think it's just we need to mix things up at dinner time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to make this when I get home. We have sausage in the freezer, too. Just have get the tortellini. YUM!

    Hopping over from Marvelous Mondays

    http://akitchenhoor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for Sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used smoked sausage in this recipe, Bridget! Thanks so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays. Pinned to my Marvelous Mondays and food boards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great family meal. Thanks for linking up at Tried and True recipes at http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dish looks so delish! I bet I can have a bowl of this as a meal. Haha! I’m a sausage and a pasta lover so this recipe can be my next favorite. I better pick up all the ingredients so I can start having a savory meal for dinner. :)

    -Dione Nye-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!


    Here is my blog post - inspirational education quotes

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD