Thursday, May 23, 2013

Creamy Crock Pot Ranch Cheddar Chicken




Yum, yum, and yum! That is all I have to say about this dish! Creamy goodness and low cal. Doesn't get much better than that. I served mine with egg noodles but this dish would go great over rice or even as a filling for tacos. We will be having this one again soon!

Creamy Crock Pot Ranch Cheddar Chicken
Serves 4
WW PP=7
Cal 285, Fat 12.7g, Carbs 6.2, Fiber 0g, Protein 31.5

Ingredients
16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup fat free chicken broth
4 tsp. ranch seasoning (I like Hidden Valley)
4 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened (I used weight watchers)
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup crumbled bacon bits

Arrange chicken in a single layer in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle ranch seasoning over the chicken. Add in your chicken broth and cream cheese. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. About 30 minutes before serving top with shredded cheddar and bacon bits. Serve over hot noodles or rice. Enjoy!

This recipe can also be found this Party

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful recipe, always love crock pot recipes! Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic!! Thanks for the recipe, Bridget! I love that you include nutritional info too! Pinned ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need more crock pot recipes! This looks like a dish my whole family would love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a peaceful Memorial Day Weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Thank you!!!-sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a way to cook this on high? Just because I wont be able to set it 4 hours before we eat, and I dont want it to overcook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure. I would increase the chicken broth and use 2 cups instead of one, to make sure the chicken doesn't dry out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine is WAY to watery...what did I do wrong???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you use frozen chicken? That would make it watery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This wasn't good. The cream cheese should be incorporated into the broth before putting in the crockpot, or as I suspected it turned into a curdled looking mess. I doubled the sauce part and added a whole packet of the dressing mix. Still it tasted bland. I won't be making this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making this tonight and as I was reading the recipe I wondered if I should mix the cream cheese in with the broth. Your comment definitely helped me make that decision. I will let you know how it turns out. I'm going to put more ranch in it too. Maybe 1 1/2 packs.

      Delete
  11. I made this tonight and I did a few things different and it was a hit with everyone (family of 4). I mixed my cream cheese in my broth with my hand held beaters. I also used 1 1/2 envelopes of ranch mix. It was the perfect combination! I put the chicken in the crockpot, sprinkled the ranch on the chicken and left it sit for about 2 hours to soak in some of the ranch flavor. My personal opinion, you don't need the bacon bits. I think I would prefer it without. But doing it the way I mentioned made it very tasty and I will be making it again.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...