Sunday, June 2, 2013

Philly Cheesesteak French Bread Pizza




My original plan was to make traditional French bread pizzas for dinner and my husband wanted Philly cheesesteaks. Well, I figured why not combine the two and make Philly cheesesteak pizza. This was a hit! I can't wait to make this one again soon!


Philly Cheesesteak French Bread Pizza
Adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray

Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
One large onions, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
One Loaf Crusty French Bread
2 cups shredded provolone cheese
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 pound deli-style roast beef, roughly chopped or torn

Pre-Heat Oven to 400 degrees

Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil. Add the onions to the pan, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until caramelized, about 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and then so the onions don't burn. When caramelized, remove from heat and add your mushrooms to the pan. Saute for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.

Slice French bread into 2 inch slices and prepare pizza by spreading the caramelized onions and mushrooms onto the bread. Add your roast beef and top with shredded provolone. Bake 5-6 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea...that's how it would have been at my house too, lol. I can't wait to try this! All your recipes have been delicious and I appreciate you taking the time to share at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I look forward to linking up each week :)

      Delete
  2. Dang those look awesome! Definitely bookmarking and trying these :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! It's like two treats in one. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one!!! Thanks for sharing at Show Me Your Plaid Monday's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! These look so yummy. Thanks for sharing on Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I can pick between this or your chicken recipe this week but I think this one just edges in a win due to my cheesesteak obsession! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend. Best wishes for tasty dishes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a winner! Thanks for linking up at Tried and True Recipe party! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/06/tried-and-true-recipes-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks SO delicious! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I am featuring this recipe this week. Congratulations! :-) :-) Be sure to stop by and grab an "I've been featured" button from my sidebar for your blog. The post will go live around 11pm Eastern on Monday evening. I hope you will be able to join us again this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD