Monday, August 5, 2013

Cajun Chicken Mac and Cheese




I love love love mac and cheese. It's one of my favorite foods but unfortunately, my hips don't feel the same way! I do indulge every once in a while but it's a rarity. I've been craving mac and cheese like crazy lately so I decided to create my own lower cal/fat version. Toss in some spicy chicken for protein and you've got a delicious dinner!

Cajun Chicken Mac and Cheese
Serves 8
WW PP=6
Cal 250, Carbs 36.1g, Fat 4.7g, Fiber 5.2g, Protein 16.6g

Ingredients
1 box elbow macaroni (I used Barilla Whole Grain)
2 4oz. chicken breasts cooked, chopped, and seasoned with 1 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
3 tbsp. reduced fat cream cheese
3/4 cup fat free milk
1 1/4 cup shredded reduced fat american cheese blend (I like Kraft)
2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning, divded
1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped

Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

While Pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt cream cheese and milk. Whisk until smooth. Add in Cajun seasoning and shredded cheese. Once cheese is melted add in the jalapeno. Stir and toss in the cooked macaroni. Serve immediately. Top with additional chopped jalapeno if desired. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. My husband would love this. He's a huge Cajun seasoning fan! Thank you for linking up to Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that does sound yummy! Fantastic recipe :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice twist to mac & cheese! I love a little spice in my food.
    Hey, why don't you stop by and add this link to Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop?
    It just went live....would love to have you join us.
    Blessings,
    Sinea
    Ducks ‘n a Row

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks delicious - I love mac & cheese! Thanks for linking up with us at Tasty Tuesdays this week! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...