Monday, August 12, 2013

Loaded BBQ Chicken and Potato Casserole





First off, let me say that this was INSANELY good! Oh my word. The flavor combos were perfect. I love a good baked potato and this combined all my favorites but in a casserole form. My toddler gobbled it up too. Can't wait to make this one again soon!


Loaded BBQ Chicken and Potato Casserole
Serves 6
WW PP=6
Cal 245, Carbs 24.6, Fat 7.8, Fiber 2g, Protein 18.3

Ingredients
1.5 lbs chicken tenders cut into chunks
3 tbsp. bbq seasoning, divided (I like McCormicks)
1 tbsp. liquid smoke
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (I use Stubbs)
4 large russet potatoes, cut into small chunks
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (bacon bits are good too)
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 green onions, chopped
sour cream for topping (optional but so yummy)

Preheat oven to 475 F.

Toss the cubed potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp bbq seasoning, and salt. Transfer the potatoes into a cooking spray coated baking dish.

Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until cooked through and crispy and browned on the outside.

While the potatoes are cooking, in a large bowl mix together the chicken, bbq seasoning, bbq sauce, and liquid smoke. Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 400 F. Top the cooked potatoes with the bbq chicken mixture. In another bowl mix together the cheese, bacon & green onion and top the raw chicken with the cheese mix.

Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the topping is bubbly and browned. Serve with extra bbq sauce and/or light sour cream. Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm sharing this on Facebook today - thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends! Have a great weekend, Bridget! {hugs}

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer that sounds delicious! I think I could eat that whole dish :P

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your casserole looks awesome! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it. All my favorite things in one place and a little bit easier on the waist line. I have to admit I clicked because it sounded sinful so the good part was a real bonus! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend. You will be featured tomorrow. See you at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a recipe almost exact to this one and my potatoes were cooked after 20 minutes and the chicken took 45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is actually 10 points.. Without sour cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. According to my WW Points Calculator it's definitley 6 points. If you are using different ingredients (i.e.chicken thighs or skin on chicken, or a different cut of bacon etc.) it will obviously alter the points value. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD