Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Copycat Portillos Chopped Salad



I love love love this salad. Growing up in Chicago most people know of Portillos. My two absolute favorites are the Italian Beef sandwich their Chopped Salad. Oh my word....it is beyond delicious! I love love love it! Okay, I need to stop now or I am going to drool all over my keyboard. Ha! Last year I tried to re-create it at home and it was a hit. I've been craving it again lately so this is what I ended up making for dinner tonight.


Copycat Portillos Chopped Salad
Adapted from Taste of Home
Makes 12 one cup servings
WW PP=3
Cal 130, Fat 3.1g , Carbs 16.1g, Fiber 4g, Protein 12g

Ingredients
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 head Romaine lettuce
1 bag sliced red cabbage (I left this out since I don't care for it)
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 cups ditalini pasta, cooked and cooled
1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used bacon bits)
1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2 cup cooked/chopped chicken breast
1 cup vinaigrette dressing, bottled or homemade (I used Ken's Lite Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing)

Wash and dry the lettuces. Finely chop into small pieces. Put into a large bowl. add remaining ingredients, except dressing and combine well.
Serve dressing along side, or pour on and combine just before serving. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I love this salad too! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yes their salad is good! Thanks for this knockoff!

    ~Cathy~
    ourminifamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great salad! Thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party! Hope to see you again Thursday at 7PM.

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...