Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crock Pot Cashew Chicken



I rarely order Chinese. As I've mentioned in past posts, I'm not that into it but my husband loves it. So, when I saw this recipe on google I knew right away that my husband would love it and I would be able to put a healthy spin on it. It was fantastic!

Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
Adapted from All Recipes.Com
Serves 4
WW PP=6
Cal 232, Carbs 14.2, Fat 7.7, Fiber 1g, Protein 28.2

Ingredients
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 cup cashew pieces

In a mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, honey, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Arrange chicken in bottom of crock pot. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. About 15 minutes before serving break chicken into pieces and top with cashews. Spoon over hot cooked rice. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks good but we're in an area that has it's own style of Cashew Chicken -- called Springfield cashew chicken -- deep fried chicken in a gravy with soy sauce and sprinkled with cashews and green onion slices. I may have to try the "other" cashew chicken and yours looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love a good cock pot dish-this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bridget,
    Your Corck Pot Cashew Chicken looks delicious, we would just love it! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinning this! Thanks for sharing on The Jenny Evolution's Friday Flash Blog linky party. Have a fabulous weekend :-)

    Jennifer @ The Jenny Evolution

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD