Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Skinny Bacon Cheeseburger Bake



I love cheeseburgers (especially burgers with bacon!) but rarely have them now that I watch my calorie intake so closely. I've been craving them like crazy lately and decided to curb my craving by creating this Skinny Bacon Cheeseburger Bake. Last year I made a cheeseburger and fries casserole and it was a hit with the family so I wasn't too worried about this one not being an instant hit. I wasn't wrong either. My toddler asked for seconds and my hubby couldn't get enough of it either!


Skinny Bacon Cheeseburger Bake
Serves 8
WW PP=6
Cal 265, Carbs 19.8, Fat 9.8, Fiber 2.1, Protein 21.3

Ingredients
1 lb. lean ground turkey, browned and drained (ground sirloin works too)
1 package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (I used Simply Potatoes)
1/4 cup fat free beef broth
4 tbsp. dry onion soup mix
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp shredded cheddar
1/2 cup bacon bits


Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with non stick cooking spray.

In a large skillet brown ground turkey. Add in your onion soup, beef broth, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, ketchup, garlic, tomatoes, half of your shredded cheese, and mustard. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in bacon.

Combine meat mixture with potatoes and cover with remaining cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I'm on ww and I am excited to find a healthy cheeseburger recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a tastier and healthier version of Hamburger Helper! Pinned~

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...