Monday, January 13, 2014

Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup



I love a good piping hot bowl of soup in the winter. There is something so comforting about a big ole bowl of soup with some crusty french bread for dipping. I made this Tuscan Soup using staples that I had in the house. It was so easy to throw together and I let my slow cooker do the rest of the work. My kind of meal!

Slow Cooker Tuscan Soup
Serves 8
WW PP=5
Cal 191, Carbs 9.6, Fat 12.2, Fiber 2 Protein 8.1

Ingredients
1lb Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
4 cups fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup fat free half and half
1 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1 can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups baby spinach
2 oz. ditalini pasta (any short pasta will work)
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. oregano
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
shredded mozzarella for topping, optional

Add all ingredients (except for pasta) to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 20 minutes before serving add in your pasta. Continue cooking until pasta is fully cooked. Serve with shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I love the flavours of the Mediterranean. Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely sounds delicious with some fantastic flavors! Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I love the simple ingredients, but great flavors! And it looks like it would be both a kid and adult pleaser!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD