Monday, July 14, 2014

Cheesy Cajun Chicken, Bacon and Rice Bake



I don't make casseroles that often, but when I do I'm really particular about what I make. This is a twist on my very popular Bacon, Cheddar, Chicken and Rice Bake. Since we love anything spicy in our house I decided to add in Cajun Chicken and I also lightened up the dish as well to make it more diet friendly. It was a hit!


Cheesy Cajun Chicken, Bacon and Rice Bake
Serves 6
WW PP=6
Cal 274 Carbs 24.6, Fat 9, Fiber 2, Protein 23.1

Ingredients
12 oz. cooked and shredded chicken (I used tenderloins)
4 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon or bacon bits
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1/2 cup reduced fat milk
1.5 cups shredded american cheese blend, divided
1 tsp. cajun seasoning


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sprinkle cooked chicken with cajun seasoning and set aside.

In a large sauce pan heat whisk together, milk, chicken broth, and one cup shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Once thickened remove from heat. Stir in bacon. 

Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Spoon rice onto bottom of dish, then top with chicken and cheese/bacon mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, this sounds delicious! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw 'bacon' you had my interest! This looks like a great casserole. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds and looks really good! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Looking forward to seeing what you will share this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/07/try-new-recipe-tuesday-july-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the portion size or what size of pan did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela,
    Serving size is about one cup and I used a 2 quart serving dish.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD