Thursday, July 10, 2014

Crock Pot Toasted Sesame Chicken



It's not often when I make what I like to call "Asian Inspired" dishes, but when I do it usually consists of something with chicken. This dish was a huge hit with my family. I was shocked that even my picky toddler loved it. Looking forward to making this again soon!


Crock Pot Toasted Sesame Chicken
Adapted from The Frugal Girls
Serves 4
WW PP=6
Cal 236, Carbs 29.7, Fat 2.5, Protein 22

Ingredients
16 oz. boneless skinless chicken (I used chicken tenderloins)
3/4 cup Light Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
3 green onions, sliced
sesame seeds, for garnish

Arrange chicken in bottom of crock pot. Cover and cook on low 3 hours.

While chicken is cooking, whisk together dressing, preserves, and soup mix.

Drain juices and pour dressing mixture over chicken. Cover and continue cooking for 30 more minutes.

Break chicken into pieces and top with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve over rice. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Great flavors in this recipe. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned this-what a delicious recipe! Thanks for sharing at the Say G'Day Saturday linky party.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and I love my slow cooker. It makes quick work of dinner. Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave your comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed with love by BDD